Mojang livestreamed its annual Minecraft Live update event on October 15. With that came a slew of details about what the sandbox game’s developers have so far only identified as update 1.20.
1.20 won’t be fully released until sometime in 2023, and its developers haven’t mentioned a possible name or theme as they have. with past updates. They did, however, establish, in an encouraging way for Home Goods, that it was important for the update to allow players to “express themselves in unique and beautiful ways”.
Or, “We want to do Minecraft Minecraft-ier,” said developer Agnes Larsson.
While some aspects of the creativity-focused update remain a mystery, the 1.20 beta will roll out in “A few days.” To prepare you, I’ll tell you about what we know so far and go over the few intriguing extras that Mojang has also added to its live stream, like another Minecraft Dungeon theme and a bat-shaped DLC.
Let’s talk camel
camel freaklike horses, will serve as transportation for players, but they have a few unique features:
- Two players can ride at the same time
- Camels generally move slower than horses
- One caveat: camels can scurry across flat surfaces to clear ravines or rivers, or sprint to avoid enemies
- To raise them, you feed them prickly cacti
They’re remarkably adorable, but they’re not the only notable aspect of the update. Mojang also announced:
- Seven new default skins — describing it as part of their focus on player creativity and expression, Minecraftthe developers of have announced additional default skins. These skins add different skin tones, hair colors, although generally the same block characteristics (it’s a block game) to players’ starting options.
- real shelves you can interact with
- Bamboo — this material can be used to create buildings or rafts for cruiseswater places
- Hanging panels to introduce businesses (or whatever you want)
Minecraft Dungeons go halloween
Apart from the 1.20 update, Minecraft the developers have revealed that the sibling of the flagship game’s dungeon crawler Minecraft Dungeon, first released in 2020, would gain some Halloween-y additions. This includes spooky outfits, like the Hungriest Horror Armor set, the masked armor set (free) and a Minecraft Dungeons Heroes Skin Pack for everyday dressing.
Additionally, the game’s third adventure-themed seasonal event, Fauna Faire, start october 19. It has a nature theme and will add free tree-surrounding content and cosmetics to the game, as well as a spooky Phantom Familiar pet.
Gotham Knights Be careful-Minecraft now has a Batman DLC
MinecraftBatman DLC will let you take down fan-favorite villains like Harley Quinn, The Joker and The Riddler through puzzle solving and fight. It also features a sprawling city of Gotham like it’s never been seen before, in the form of a series of towering cubes. We should demolish all the pre-war buildings and compact them into cubes.
The DLC will be available on October 18, but a Batman Cap is already available for free in the character creator.
Minecraft Legends is launched in 2023
To finish, Minecraft the developers have provided an in-depth review and demonstration of Minecraft Legendsa spin-off of the strategy game previously announced this summer.
The delightfully pastoral game will feature four-player co-op and release in Spring 2023
Which announcement are you most excited about?