Minecraft players around the world recently got access to Part 2 of the 1.18 Caves and Cliffs update, an update that massively changes Minecraft worlds and caves. It’s already time for gamers to line up for another update, as Mojang Studios is now starting to release Minecraft: Bedrock Edition 1.18.1.
This is a simple patch update with a small batch of fixes for the Caves and Cliffs update, but there are some significant tweaks like changing the diamond ore generation to match Minecraft: Java Edition, fixed crashes on Android devices, and fixed a movement issue after respawning or sleeping in a bed. Minecraft: Bedrock Edition 1.18.1 is currently only available on PlayStation devices, but will be rolling out to all other Bedrock Edition platforms over the next few days, likely ending over the weekend.
Minecraft is one of the greatest games ever made and maintains its title as one of the best Xbox games by continually evolving with new features and content. The Wild update, which will be released in 2022, will update Minecraft’s Overworld with new mobs, blocks and more. Over time, we will inevitably see more parts of The Wild Update tested in Minecraft betas and snapshots like Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Beta 22.214.171.124.
In case you missed it, here are all the changes and additions in Part 2 of the 1.18 Caves and Cliffs update.
The full changelog for Minecraft: Bedrock Edition 1.18.1 patch update includes:
- Fixed a crash that could occur when copying a world save in some languages on PlayStation
- Fixed a crash that could occur when chatting and playing on Realms
- Decreased the amount of Diamond Ore generated to match the Java Edition
- Fixed lighting bugs when removing light sources after returning to the Overworld from other dimensions
- Players no longer have issues moving after respawning or getting out of a bed
- Added warning prompt explaining potential data loss when setting file storage location to External on Android devices
- Fixed various storage related crashes and issues with Android and Amazon Kids/Freetime multi-user functionality
- Fixed simulation stopping in multiplayer sessions when other players move away from a player’s render distance
- Teleport command will no longer succeed when ‘checkForBlocks’ is true and the destination is obstructed
- Fixed an issue that could result in a faulty purchase page for realms when the maximum number of realms were already owned
- Marketplace inventory screen optimization and content image loading improvements
A gaming masterpiece
Available wherever you play.
Minecraft is an indisputable and complete success. It has sold hundreds of millions of copies, has a huge following of dedicated players, and lets you unleash all your creative desires. It’s also available on every platform imaginable, including Xbox, Windows 10, PlayStation, Nintendo Switch, Android, and iOS. Play with anyone and play anywhere.
A catalog of games
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate
All your gaming needs, in one subscription.
Is Xbox Game Pass Ultimate the best value of all games? It’s possible. Ultimate bundles your Xbox Live Gold membership, an Xbox Game Pass membership for Xbox consoles and Windows PCs, and Xbox Cloud Gaming for on the go. That means access to hundreds of games, with more being added all the time, for just one monthly subscription cost.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.