Wednesday is a big day for Minecraft in more ways than one. For one thing, Minecraft is celebrating hitting one trillion views on YouTube, a massive achievement worthy of praise. On the other hand, the typically mundane Minecraft: Bedrock Edition beta is getting an exciting addition this time around with the release of Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Beta 18.104.22.168. For the first time, Minecraft players can play with frogs.
Recent Minecraft betas and snapshots still revolve around the Caves and Cliffs update, but Mojang Studios is already considering Minecraft’s next major content update, The Wild Update, due out sometime in 2022. It would come as a surprise to many players to see such an important feature from the aforementioned content release being tested so soon, with frogs being one of the main features of The Wild Update.
If you want to experiment with frogs, you can start a new world in Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Beta 22.214.171.124 after enabling the wild update experimental feature toggle. Many frog behaviors are already enabled, including croaking, jumping, swimming, etc. You can also breed frogs to hatch tadpoles, which will grow into different varieties of frogs depending on where they are born.
Minecraft is one of the greatest games ever made and maintains its title as one of the best Xbox games by continually evolving with new features and content. In case you missed it, Minecraft: Bedrock Edition 1.18.2 was recently released as a patch update with a variety of game fixes and improvements.
The full changelog for Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Beta 126.96.36.199 includes:
- Frogs will spawn in swamp biomes
- Frogs can croak, jump, swim and walk on land
- Frogs can eat small slimes, which drops a ball of slime
- Frogs can be tempted and bred using Seagrass, but it’s only a replacement food for now
- Frogs lay eggs after mating
- Hatching frog eggs spawn tadpoles
- Tadpoles can swim in water
- Tadpoles “jump” like fish when down and eventually die
- Growing tadpoles will turn into frogs
- Tadpoles become a different type of frog depending on the biome they were born in
- Tadpoles can be caught in a bucket
Features and bug fixes
- Players no longer get a particle effect when getting Bad Omen from Pillager Captains
- Sleeping in a bed will trigger the fade to black screen again
- The camera will again interpolate its position when the player sneaks
- Villagers now make a “No” sound when attempting to trade when out of stock
- Fixed a bug where the Ender Dragon would become invisible when flying towards the portal fountain after dying
Stability & performance
- Fixed a crash that could occur when the player was near a village
- Fixed a crash that could occur when Shift-clicking Armor in the crafting table while using Pocket UI
- Added proper padding to the “Item Text Name” box UI when players have armor equipped in Survival mode and select items via the hotbar
- Fixed an issue where text shadows had reduced offset when the text message contained a button glyph
- Added globe banner pattern on bedrock
- Fixed a bug that caused the
/killcommand to not kill entities with the Absorb effect
- When using
/replaceitemon a donkey or mule chest, the item will now go in the correct slot
- Axolotls, bees, boats, cats, dolphins, luminous squids, goats, hoglins, iron golems, ocelots, pandas, parrots, pigs, polar bears, squids, planeswalkers, wolves, and zoglins can now be attached to balloons. Wow, that’s a lot of mobs!
- Target API has been updated to API 30 for Google Play Store
- Game no longer crashes when nesting planning commands inside functions
Data Driven Mobs
- The random chance for a wild adult ocelot to spawn with two children is now handled by components added in the entity’s JSON definition
- Accessing missing public variables on other entities will return 0.0 and not cause an error
- Fixed the loading of public variables containing capital letters to not cause an error
slot.equippableas a location option for
- Improved performance in
- Property added
brokenBlockPermutationto indicate what type of block was broken
- Property added
A gaming masterpiece
Available wherever you play.
Minecraft is an indisputable and complete success. It has sold hundreds of millions of copies, has a huge following of dedicated players, and lets you unleash all your creative desires. It’s also available on every platform imaginable, including Xbox, Windows 10, PlayStation, Nintendo Switch, Android, and iOS. Play with anyone and play anywhere.
A catalog of games
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate
All your gaming needs, in one subscription.
Is Xbox Game Pass Ultimate the best value of all games? It’s possible. Ultimate bundles your Xbox Live Gold membership, an Xbox Game Pass membership for Xbox consoles and Windows PCs, and Xbox Cloud Gaming for on the go. That means access to hundreds of games, with more being added all the time, for just one monthly subscription cost.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.