What do you want to know
- The latest Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Beta / Minecraft Preview is now available for interested testers.
- The release is a minor release, mostly containing bug fixes and general improvements for The Wild Update.
- This follows the announcement that certain features of The Wild Update, such as fireflies, are being removed from the release plan.
Minecraft’s lifespan has been filled with iterative releases and an endless stream of new content, much of which has actively involved the community in its development. Minecraft’s next major content update is coming later this year, and Mojang Studios is testing the latest version with the release of Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Beta 126.96.36.199.
The new beta, or Minecraft Preview 188.8.131.52, is a minor release that includes a handful of bug fixes and changes for The Wild Update. The Wild update is still scheduled for the end of this year, and Mojang Studios continues to add and develop the update ahead of its eventual launch. There are no great features included in this beta, but Mojang Studios would like to once again remind beta testers on Windows that Minecraft Preview will replace the beta in the near future.
This beta follows recent news that some expected features are being removed from The Wild Update, including fireflies and improvements to the birch forest biome. While many players have expressed disappointment with this reduction, The Wild Update still includes several new biomes and monsters for players to enjoy.
Minecraft is still comfortably among millions of gamers’ favorite Xbox games, but it’s sometimes criticized by community members for its seemingly slow update rate or the lack of clear communication from Mojang Studios. The Wild update isn’t particularly close to release just yet, so we’ll have to wait and see if the scale of this update will match the time it’s been in the oven.
The complete changelog for Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Beta 184.108.40.206 / Minecraft Preview 220.127.116.11 understand :
- The Minecraft beta on Windows will be retiring soon!
- To continue testing new pre-release features, you will need to install the Minecraft Preview build
Features and bug fixes
- Allay currently does not teleport with its owner to the Nether
- This is a temporary change until we can fix an issue where Allays would sometimes teleport inside blocks and suffocate when changing dimensions.
- Unspawned Sculk Shriekers now have a cooldown between activations, just like their spawned counterparts
- Sculk Shriekers and Sculk Sensors no longer lose XP when mined with Silk Touch
- Increased the time it takes to destroy Reinforced Deepslate and make it independent of the tool used, to better match Java Edition
- Sculk can no longer spread through fire and soul fire
- Mangrove trees now grow correctly at negative Y coordinates
- Fixed graphical corruption issues on Android
- Fixed an issue that could cause severe visual issues when using emotes more than once
- Actors using motion prediction will teleport smoothly again
Stability & performance
- Improved game performance on some Android devices
- Fixed a crash that could occur when trying to render blocks relying on biome data
- Shift-clicking items will again combine items of the same type into a stack
- Added settings to change the duration of notifications
- Fixed the behavior of command blocks when cloning another command block to self where the cloned command block would not execute its command until a redstone signal was toggled
GameTest framework (experimental)
- Dedicated Server has been updated to allow servers to explicitly list script modules they wish to load when running scripts
- A default configuration file can be found at
/config/default/permissions.json. Without this new file, all script modules are disabled by default
A gaming masterpiece
(opens in a new tab)
Available wherever you play
Minecraft is an indisputable and complete success. It has sold hundreds of millions of copies, has a huge following of dedicated players, and lets you unleash all your creative desires. Players can test out features early with the Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Beta, or Minecraft Preview, and contribute to the future of this legendary game.
A catalog of games
(opens in a new tab)
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate
All your gaming needs, in one subscription
Is Xbox Game Pass Ultimate the best value of all games? It’s possible. Ultimate bundles your Xbox Live Gold membership, Xbox Game Pass for Xbox consoles and PC Game Pass for Windows devices, and Xbox Cloud Gaming for fun on the go. Minecraft and its beta and preview programs are available through Xbox and PC Game Pass.