A Minecraft Dungeons build isn’t complete without choosing the right artifacts. These are powerful items that can be equipped in one of three slots and are used to boost your character’s abilities.
So if you want to hurl firework arrows at enemies or summon an animal companion to aid you in battle, and want to know exactly what each artifact does, then you’ve come to the right place. Our Minecraft Dungeon Artifacts guide also includes all DLC artifacts.
List of Minecraft Dungeons Artifacts
As Artifact levels increase, the overall duration of an Artifact’s effect or the damage it inflicts on enemies. As it is, we won’t list the lifespan of each artifact or the damage it will inflict, instead we’ll choose to show the type of effect the item has.
The only exception to this is each item’s cooldown, which seems to be consistent across all artifacts.
|Artifact name||Artifact ability||Damage/effect type||Chill|
|Swift Boots||Briefly increases movement speed.||Increased movement speed||5 seconds|
|Corrupt tag||Fires a powerful beam that continuously damages mobs.||Artifact Damage +1 Soul Gathering||No cooldown|
|mortuary mushroom||Greatly increases attack and movement speed.||Increases attack and movement speed of self.||30 seconds|
|fireworks arrow||Puts a firework arrow in your quiver. The arrow explodes on hit.||Ranged damage||30 seconds|
|Rod||Pulls in the closest mob within range of your location, briefly stunning that enemy.||Stuns enemies||5 seconds|
|Flaming quiver||Gives you flaming arrows (7)||Ranged damage per second||30 seconds|
|ghost cape||Briefly gain Ghost Form, allowing you to move through mobs and soak up damage.||Increases speed and allows the hero to move through mobs||6 seconds|
|Golem pencil case||Summons an Iron Golen to aid you in combat.||Summon damage||30 seconds|
|Weakening Gong||Produce an area of effect that reduces damage dealt by nearby monsters||Weaken surrounding enemies||20 seconds|
|Combine||When used, the Harvester releases souls in an explosion. (Requires souls)||Artifact Damage +1 Soul Gathering||1 second|
|Ironskin Amulet||Provides major defense boosts for a short time.||Increased defense.||25 seconds|
|light feather||Allows you to tumble through the air, stunning and knocking back enemies as you go.||Stuns enemies and knocks them back.||3 seconds|
|Lightning rod||You can spend souls to summon a lightning bolt to an area.||Artifact Damage +1 Soul Gathering||No cooldown|
|Medallion of love||Turn up to three hostile monsters into allies for ten seconds before they disappear.||Turns monsters into allies and increases their damage.||30 seconds|
|shock powder||Stuns nearby enemies||Stuns enemies||15 seconds|
|soul healer||Heals the most injured nearby ally, including yourself.||Instant healing effect. +1 Gather Souls||1 second|
|tasty bones||Summons a wolf to aid you in battle.||Summon damage||30 seconds|
|Quiver of Torment||Gives slow arrows that knock back mobs and pass through walls.||Phase through walls and increased recoil. +1 Gather Souls||1 second|
|Regeneration Totem||A totem that creates a circular aura, healing you and your allies.||Healing aura effect||25 seconds|
|shield totem||This totem has mystical powers that protect those around it from projectiles.||Projectile protection effect.||20 seconds|
|wind horn||Pushes enemies away from you and slows them briefly.||Push a certain number of blocks.||10 seconds|
|wonderful wheat||Summons a llama to aid you in battle.||Summon damage||30 seconds|
|Corrupted Seeds Downloadable Content||Plants seeds that grow into spiky grappling vines that entangle and slowly drain the life of its victims.||Poison damage||20 seconds|
Artifacts in Minecraft Dungeons explained
Every Artifact you find in Minecraft Dungeons can be equipped to one of the three available slots located at the bottom of the screen.
To equip an artifact, open the inventory and select an artifact, then choose the artifact slot you want to equip them to. You can learn more about the basics of Artifacts in our How to Play Minecraft Dungeons guide.
Below are some additional facts about Artifacts in Minecraft Dungeons:
- Each artifact has a power level. This power level determines the amount of damage the artifact can inflict on enemies or the duration of the artifact’s effect. For example, a level 1 Tasty Bone will give you a weaker wolf companion than you get from a level 15 Tasty Bone.
- Artifacts can be combined with other weapons for great effects. For example, the firework arrow can be combined with any ranged weapon that has the “shoot multiple arrows” perk, to fire multiple firework arrows.
- It’s not good to hoard low-level artifacts, and it’s especially not good to keep them equipped. Your artifacts count towards your average power level. Since vendors like the Wandering Merchant and Blacksmith care about your power level, you’ll want it to be as high as possible.
- The types of artifacts you unlock on default difficulty mode aren’t the full set. You will unlock more artifacts in Adventurer and the latest by playing on Apocalypse difficulty. If you want to find them all, you can check out our Minecraft Dungeons secret levels guide.
- DLC Artifacts cannot be purchased from the Wandering Merchant. You have to find them in the levels.
Minecraft Dungeons Guide Series
Thanks for reading our Minecraft Dungeons Artifacts guide. There are plenty of other guides for the game in the section below, so check them out.