Need extra emeralds to trade for new gear in Minecraft Dungeons? It might be time to dig into your growing collection of weaker and inferior gear and shed the excess weight. Clear your inventory and earn emeralds by collecting old equipment? Sounds like a win-win.
Here’s what you need to do to recover your old gear in Minecraft Dungeons:
How can I salvage old gear in Minecraft Dungeons?
If you’re in the mood for a bit of spring cleaning, salvaging old equipment is a fairly straightforward process. In exchange, you will receive a fraction of the items worth in emeralds, to return and use on whatever you want. The better the equipment you scrap, the better the return. This will be very useful for getting rid of duplicates or unwanted equipment, but can also become necessary when your inventory fills up with junk and you need more room for nicer equipment.
If you want to scrap old gear in Minecraft Dungeons, follow these steps:
- Open your inventory by pressing “up” on the d-pad or the equivalent key on your keyboard if you are playing on PC.
- You’ve gone through your inventory and highlight the equipment you want to collect. You can salvage weapons and armor.
- If you are sure you want to recover it, press “X” on your controller or the corresponding key on your keyboard to save him.
- The game will ask you to tell you how many emeralds you will get for collecting this equipment and will ask you for confirmation. Press “A” on your controller or the corresponding key on your keyboard to confirm and complete the recovery. Emeralds will immediately appear in your inventory.
- If you made a mistake, you will have a chance to cancel recovery. Without moving away from the highlighted location, press “X” on your controller or the corresponding key on your keyboard to cancel recovery.
Feel lighter than ever
With limited inventory slots to store valuable gear, scavenging is a necessary skill to have in Minecraft Dungeons. It also helps if you get a few more emeralds to spend on even more gear, reducing the cost of getting duplicate or substandard gear from your camp vendors. Either way, be sure to keep an eye on how much space you have and take a moment every few levels when you’re at camp to dump the excess.
Not your average Minecraft
Minecraft is growing and reaching out.
Minecraft Dungeons is the next saga in Minecraft history, and it looks like Mojang and Microsoft are knocking another one out of the park. Minecraft Dungeons combines the familiar world we all grew up in with an injection of Diablo, great fun. Available on every platform you’re on, for a ridiculously tempting price, what’s not to love?