The paid portion of Flames of the Nether for Minecraft Dungeons includes:
- Six new levels. Flames of the Nether adds six new levels for players to explore, each inspired by a biome from the Nether update
- New monsters and bosses. In each level, players will be able to encounter hordes of monsters, new and old. Find multiple variations of piglins, hoglins, blaze, wither skeletons, ghast, and a mysterious new mega-boss
- New and unique gear. As with all previous expansions, Flames of the Nether adds new gear for players to discover and use. Find chainsaw-like blades, massive bone maces, pig-themed armor, and more
- New Cosmetic Items. A small perk of the full Flames of the Nether experience is two new character skins for players, as well as a Baby Ghast cosmetic pet
- And more. Each area in Minecraft Dungeons has unique secrets, sub-areas, and quirks that players can only discover by playing the levels themselves. With the huge size of Flames of the Nether, it will inevitably contain a lot more
The Flames of the Nether free game for Minecraft Dungeons includes:
- Apocalypse Plus Changes. Minecraft Dungeons’ highest difficulty setting sees massive changes with Flames of the Nether. The current 20 levels are condensed to 10, 15 more levels are added, the game’s maximum power level is increased to around 250, and Apocalypse Plus is balanced to be fairer for all players.
- Ancient hunts. The missing link for Minecraft Dungeons endgame is finally here. Players can spend items and enchantment points to create procedurally generated levels with near-infinite replayability, new challenges and powerful ancient monsters, and a chance to find the most powerful gear in the game: l golden equipment.
- Piglins Merchant. The latest vendor to be added to your camp in Minecraft Dungeons is the merchant Piglin. This vendor sells all kinds of goods and gear, including chances to find rare golden gear, but he only sells gold
- Gold. A second currency pairs emeralds with gold, which can be found by completing Flames of the Nether or Ancient Hunts missions. Bring your gold to the Piglin Merchant to buy an assortment of great items
- New Enchantments. More and more weapon and armor enchantments are joining the growing pool of Minecraft Dungeons, and there’s plenty to look forward to here. Pet lovers rejoice, as companion-specific enchantments are here in Flames of the Nether, along with new damage-type enchantments
- And more. The free Flames of the Nether update also includes other balancing changes for gear and enchantments, as well as free cosmetic items for players, such as a new cape and pet.
East Nether Flames gargantuan in size whether or not you pay for the DLC or just take advantage of the amazing additions coming in the free update. If you want to learn more about the Flames of the Nether expansion and everything it adds, be sure to check out our ultimate guide to Flames of the Nether for Minecraft Dungeons.
Flames of the Nether begins rolling out throughout today, February 24, 2021. Flames of the Nether is available wherever Minecraft Dungeons is, i.e. Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One, PS5, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PC and even Xbox Cloud Gaming (Project xCloud).
You can play Minecraft Dungeons and the free Flames of the Nether part with the base game, which is included with Xbox Game Pass. For the premium expansion, which includes the important new area to explore, you can either purchase it separately or purchase the Minecraft Dungeons Season Pass, which includes Howling Peaks, Flames of the Nether, and the upcoming two extensions for Minecraft Dungeons. We also have a helpful guide on which version of Minecraft Dungeons you should buy if you need more advice.
Either way, make sure you get the most out of Minecraft Dungeons and play with your friends by investing in one of the best headsets for Xbox Series X|S, all of which guarantee you the best audio experience and don’t never struggle to be heard.
The next era of dungeons
Minecraft Dungeons: Season Pass
Explore new worlds in Minecraft Dungeons.
It’s been a busy first year for Minecraft Dungeons, and now the Minecraft dungeon-crawling ARPG spin-off is looking to its future, with four new expansions planned. Howling Peaks and Flames of the Nether are available now, but players can grab the Season Pass to access them and the next two expansions.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
This huge Xbox “Quick Resume” update will give players more control
Microsoft is adding a new feature to Xbox consoles, allowing you to permanently store up to two games in a quick-resume state at any time. The feature is first heading to Xbox Insiders in the Alpha test ring before hitting the mainstream.