Of the many currently popular games, perhaps no other title lends itself better to the horror genre than Minecraft: Dungeons. This offering essentially ditches everything familiar about this wildly popular series and is an endlessly entertaining dungeon crawler that never fails to impress.
With Halloween approaching, gamers were expecting a steady stream of horror-themed content, and it looks like Mojang delivered. The Spooky Fall event is now live in Minecraft: Dungeons and will remain so until November 3, 2020.
The Spooky Fall event includes a bunch of seasonal trials that are packed with all kinds of spooky goodness, which players can expect this time of year. With an assortment of dastardly creatures and mobs making their way to Minecraft: Dungeons, this game just got a whole lot more terrifying for its practitioners.
A detailed recap of the Minecraft Dungeons Spooky Fall event
There are several new items to be added to Minecraft: Dungeons:
- haunted bow
- Sinister Sword
- hungry horror
- corrupted pumpkin
It also offers two new modes:
- night mode
- Apocalypse Plus (will be available in-game after the Spoofy Fall event)
Night mode is incredibly spooky because it takes away the main source of trust in a horror game: light. In addition to this game mode, the Apocalypse Plus game mode is also making its debut in Minecraft: Dungeons, and it’s here to stay even after the Spooky Fall event.
Apocalypse Plus is basically a new feature that brings the most challenges to Minecraft: Dungeons along with twenty extremely difficult levels. This mode ups the ante when it comes to difficulty; however, it is also completely optional.
Patch Notes for Minecraft: Dungeons
- Can you take on the meanest mobs without breaking a sweat? Then the new Apocalypse Plus feature is for you!
- Apocalypse Plus brings a harder-than-ever difficulty mode, but it doesn’t stop there – it also comes with twenty increasingly difficult levels.
- This new feature doesn’t change the game you know and love, but adds a whole new dimension of difficulty for those who want an extra challenge. Try Apocalypse Plus for yourself, but don’t say we didn’t warn you!
- Decreased the difficulty of some daily trials, and all trials now offer better rewards.
- Raider base damage reduced from 75 to 62.
- Deflection rebalanced from 20/40/60% to 25/35/45%.
- Crowd enchantments are now much scarier.
- Right before picking up an item after an upgrade, you can now see the possible power range.
- Once an item reaches a certain power level, you will need to play missions at higher difficulty levels to further upgrade the item.
- If the blacksmith can upgrade the item, the item always gets at least +1 power level after the upgrade.
- Unequipping inventory items without exchanging the item for another has some issues. This issue will be fixed in a future update.
For full patch notes and a list of fixes, head over to the official Minecraft website, link here.
Read also : Five Best Horror Games Like Until Dawn